Saturday, April 26, 2008

Under the couch

I just sat my nine month old down in the living room to throw a load of cloth diapers in the laundry, and on second thought, decided to double check and make sure the room didn't have anything she could hurt herself with in the five seconds I would be gone. (I try to be thorough when it comes to child-proofing the house, but you never can be too careful.) Not noticing anything amiss when I glanced around, I decided to do the whole "from their vantage point" thing and started crawling around on my hands and knees to try to spot hazards. Not convinced that there still couldn't be anything there (I was having a paranoid moment), I got down on my tummy and wriggled around on the floor next to her, and lo and behold, there was a chess pawn, a plastic water bottle top, a coin, and a broken toy piece all within the distance that those little fingers could get to under the couch. Interesting. What's under your couch?

No comments: