Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Grandparent's Day!



Today is Grandparent's Day! We are so thankful for our amazing grandparents and our parents (our children's grandparents!). To celebrate them, Nathan and I helped the girls with a cute little craft that took several days. Then we stayed up past midnight on Thursday wrapping, boxing up, and addressing them to our wonderful grandparents on the mainland. They definitely did not make it there by Today, which is super sad. I tried sooo hard to plan ahead! I need to start making things a month ahead...I am notoriously late, but have the best intentions. It's been rough trying to get organized after moving 8 times in the past 6 years, I need to be extremely organized or I forget things I can't see. For example, do you know what I sent with the Grandparent's Day presents? Their Mother's Day and Father's Day cards. Yep, I know, pretty bad. But I'm trying!!! :) 

Happy Grandparent's Day to all you beautiful Grandparent's out there! :)


My kiddos with their Grammi and Bop Bop, Grandparent's Day 2011


"In 1978, five years after its West Virginia inception, the United States Congress passed legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day. The proclamation was signed by President Jimmy Carter. (September was chosen for the holiday, to signify the "autumn years" of life.)"


No comments: